Where's My Criterion?

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
TheGodfather

Re: Where's My Criterion?

#776 Post by TheGodfather » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 pm

My only order from the last B&N sale showed up in the mail today: The 400 Blows & Days Of Heaven blu-ray`s. They were shipped on the 25th of november, so that was quicker than with all of the previous orders.

Norbie

#777 Post by Norbie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:34 am

daniel p wrote:
Norbie wrote:B&N Sale '10 Nov.

"Berlin Alexanderplatz"
Order Made: 1 Nov.
Shipped: 3 Nov.
Delivered: 8 Dec. (Australia)
Was that with their standard shipping??
Yes, your average international standard airmail shipping to Canberra. Since i'm closer to the US than you i should get my stuff earlier than you. ;) Kiddin'

Update-

"America Lost and Found: The BBS Story" (BR)
Order Made: Nov. 16
Shipped: Nov. 25
Delivered: Dec. 12

However; "The Night Of The Hunter" (BR) & "Modern Times" (BR) where shipped 16th Nov. but hasn't arrived yet. The same with "Complete Montery Pop Festival" (BR) which shipped Nov. 12.

Patience in a virtue.

daniel p

#778 Post by daniel p » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Well at least one of your orders arrived - no idea how one order arrives in 2.5 weeks, yet others take over 5 weeks! Reminds me of the days when some companies shipped via boat!!

Norbie

#779 Post by Norbie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:13 am

B&N Sale Nov. '10

"The Complete Monterey Pop Festival" BR
Shipped: 16th Nov.
Delivered: 16th Dec.

Unfortunately the Jimi/Otis Case was badly crushed. CC don't deliver In't and it's not worth getting one case diverted by a second party. However, I did get a set diverted earlier this year when i needed five cases to replace those digipaks.

daniel p

#780 Post by daniel p » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:06 pm

My first order arrived today! Shipped on 17th Nov. My second order I actually upgraded the shipping at little cost, but it has still taken 4 weeks already!

I always hope my digi and boxes from Criterion arrive in good condition, due to the lack of replacement internationally.

Norbie

#781 Post by Norbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 am

N&B Sale Nov. '10

"Modern Times" BR & "The Night Of The Hunter" BR
Shipped: 16th Nov.
Delivered: 17th Dec.

B&N cancelled my orders for "Paths of Glory" BR and "The Human Condition". Oh well... next time.

That is the last of them. "TNOTH" arrived without any damage to the digipak!

I hope your orderes arrive without any hassles danielP. Unfortunately living across the ocean means we have to wait sometimes for over a month for the orders to arrive. But it's a nice feeling opening up the package with all the goodies!

gyorgys

#782 Post by gyorgys » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm

My Rebel Samurai set took more than six weeks to arrive :-"

Will Barks

#783 Post by Will Barks » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:54 pm

I just recieved my "Black Orpheus" Blu-ray, which I ordered Nov 22! There was an extra sticker with an Australian adress on it. Did they sent it to Australia first instead of Austria where I'm living? :lol:

TheGodfather

#784 Post by TheGodfather » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Placed an order for the Shock Corridor and The Naked Kiss blu-ray`s over at axelmusic yesterday. Received my shipping notice today. Nice and early, again.
Now let`s hope it gets delivered quicker than my Cronos blu-ray order that they shipped almost 3 weeks ago...

Finch

#785 Post by Finch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 pm

My copy of the Still Walking Blu arrived today; going to give it a spin sometime this week.

TheGodfather

#786 Post by TheGodfather » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Mine was shipped last wednesday. Knowing the recent shipping speed of axelmusic, it`ll take another week to arrive...

ccfixx

#787 Post by ccfixx » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't recall where all of the "supposed Criterion OOP" talk was going on, but here's my e-mail to Criterion asking about certain titles being out-of-stock at online retailers... and their response:
While I have you here, do you happen to know what's going on with the "Scenes From A Marriage" DVD and some of the other discs (i.e. "Chungking Express" blu-ray)? Amazon has been out of stock of "Scenes From A Marriage" since I know before December because my girlfriend tried ordering it for me for Christmas. I actually just received a copy that I ordered from Walmart's website, of all places. You could tell it was probably in their warehouse for a while, though, cause the thing was covered in dust. I've just been speculating that most of these titles that seem to be missing from the major online retailers are missing due to repackaging and/or re-pressing. Are you able to shed any light? Thanks.
Yes, you're absolutely right; we are currently changing over packaging on all of these films. Once that process is complete, they should be back in stock!

Best,
JM
So, there you go. No one should be paying the astronomical prices on titles like the "Chungking Express" blu-ray from Amazon resellers.

TheGodfather

#788 Post by TheGodfather » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 pm

TheGodfather wrote:Mine was shipped last wednesday. Knowing the recent shipping speed of axelmusic, it`ll take another week to arrive...
Ok so that was a nice surprise: it already showed up today, a week after it was shipped. Didn`t expect it to arrive so fast after the recent experiences with axelmusic (orders taking up to almost 4 weeks to arrive).

brentg

#789 Post by brentg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Ordered The 400 Blows, Chungking Express, Last Year at Marienbad and El Norte from criterion.com

All 4 showed up in digipacks, not the updated keepcases. I thought by ordering from the official site I wouldn't be stuck with these flattened pancakes? Two of them are pretty squished. I just thought they gave up the old digipack casing... Anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a way to order and specify that you want the keepcases. Gotta keep the Collection uniform. Not OCD at all..

kaujot

#790 Post by kaujot » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:45 pm

You can order new cases from them by sending a message to Criterion.

Minkin

#791 Post by Minkin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm

The carboard cases will remain until they are done with the first pressing (thus far only Bottle Rocket and Third Man- OOP- have switched to keepcases). It would be rather silly to return them (maybe you can send a sad email and get them to send you some of the plastic cases?). I would wait until you actually see (or hear from the board/others) the second pressing plastic cases before blind ordering. Even then, one can never tell what they have in their warehouse.

In other news, my first "thanks" sale package shipped. My preorder shipments (everything was made in one order) haven't been canceled.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#792 Post by swo17 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

You're probably going to have to shell out $15 for the plastic cases ($5 each for the first two + $2.50 for each additional) just like the rest of us. Email mulvaney@criterion.com.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#793 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

It's totes worth it - I don't remember the $20 or so that I spent anymore, and the cases are lovely. It's even worth updating the slightly more acceptable Last Year at Marienbad digi.

brentg

#794 Post by brentg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. I've sent Mulvaney an email. I like the Marienbad digi, as I think the Cover concept really translates well. But I can't wait to replace the other three.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#795 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Is Criterion sending shipping notices for the Thanks orders when they're mailed? I had in-stock and pre-order items on mine.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#796 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Yes, I got one for my order that already shipped. You can also review and track your orders at criterion.com/orders.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#797 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks, swo. Kinda didn't think they'd delay the whole order until May. Maybe they will.

tojoed

#798 Post by tojoed » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Just received "Blow Out" from Axelmusic. They are very good at getting stuff out before the official release date.

Murdoch

#799 Post by Murdoch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Got my shipping notice for the Amazon sale \:D/

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#800 Post by domino harvey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Sucka, mine already arrived