166 Night Tide

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

HinkyDinkyTruesmith

Re: 166 Night Tide

#26 Post by HinkyDinkyTruesmith » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm

Unfortunately, it does not ship to the US.

MichaelB

#27 Post by MichaelB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:29 am

Standard edition confirmed for 25th May - the same Blu-ray disc of the main feature as the limited edition (extras and all), but not the second disc with the Curtis Harrington shorts or the book, and it comes in an Amaray case instead of the luxury box packaging.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#28 Post by Drucker » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:41 pm

Well I finally watched this film the other week and loved it. I didn't expect to love it, but I did! Rightly or wrongly I had assumed this would be a "B-picture" and be more charming perhaps than good, and perhaps amateurish. But I found the picture very moving. And it really made me think about and appreciate the new American cinema movement in a new way. I couldn't help but think about these new artists, like Harrington, picking up the pieces of an industry that, at the time of this picture's release, was in decline. The old tools were available for use by a new generation. I can't quite put into words, but I found it quite moving. Frankly I was bummed out at the ending which was kind of a cop-out.
SpoilerShow
I wish she really was a mermaid and I would have been totally bought in if the film had wanted to sell me that.
Now I'm kicking myself for missing out on the limited edition. Anyone have an extra they want to sell me?