Alice, Sweet Alice

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Adam X

Re: Alice, Sweet Alice

#26 Post by Adam X » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:03 pm

And of course there are other labels in the US alone that have had legal difficulties interrupt or sideline intended releases in recent years, such as Synapse, Severin and Code Red.

Maybe MVD accidentally included booklets in the entire first pressing, when Arrow only paid for a tenth of that.

Grand Wazoo

#27 Post by Grand Wazoo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Adam Grikepelis wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:03 pm
Maybe MVD accidentally included booklets in the entire first pressing, when Arrow only paid for a tenth of that.
My copy, very surprisingly, contains a poster as well. That's more printed material than almost anyone has gotten from Arrow all summer.

Adam X

#28 Post by Adam X » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 am

...and it's back on schedule.
I suspect in the pre-internet days this sort of thing happened all the time and no one but the those involved in the release were any the wiser. I was never involved in any mail order/swap meet/etc home video buying back then (mostly because I was unaware of anything of the sort existing & I gather it wasn't as big in Australia as it was up north), but presumably it was a much calmer time for all. For those that get stressed over that sort of thing that is - which going by the internet there's either a lot of them or a very vocal minority - it's hard to tell which some days.