The Big Knife

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: The Big Knife

#26 Post by tenia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 am

swo17 wrote:What was wrong with Theatre of Blood?
An extra had some freezing / pixellisation during a minute or so.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#27 Post by tenia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 am

So... I guess I have to get rid of my existing faulty copy and buy this release again to get the fixed disc. :|

kekid

#28 Post by kekid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Do we know if copies of The Big Knife sold by Amazon.com (for US customers) currently are the corrected version?

frankiecrisp

#29 Post by frankiecrisp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:33 am

tenia wrote:So... I guess I have to get rid of my existing faulty copy and buy this release again to get the fixed disc. :|
I'm sick of contacting them asking when the replacement discs will be available I keep getting the same answer on twitter and facebook that they are working out how to replace the discs no other company has a problem replacing faulty discs

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#30 Post by tenia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 pm

So, I got tired about how long this is taking, so emailed Arrow about this (that was on Feb 12th) :
Q: I've bought your UK releases of Stormy Monday and The Big Knife. Both of these 2 releases unfortunately have faulty discs. I know both these releases however have since received fixes and that the fixed discs are physically available. I'd like thus to have the according replacement discs shipped to my address : blah blah. Find attached 2 proofs of purchase, one for each title.
A : There is indeed a programme on both titles. The replacement discs have been manufactured and we will be detailing the replacement programme on our Facebook page as soon as we can, thank you for your patience.

Same on Twitter :
Q : When will the freaking replacement program for The Big Knife will be made available ? I bought Day One the release and am still waiting for the program, while fixed discs were sold in retail copies during the latest sale ! Same for Stormy Monday, which has received a silent fix for audio issues 2 months ago, but no official replacement program yet too. I hope this is not an ongoing trend in which fixed discs are going to be more difficult to access for existing customers. That'd be a shame.
A : Sorry for the delay. The discs are now manufactured, we're just looking into options for how we manage this (and any other potential) replacement programme moving forward; details coming very soon.

So, we're still not there yet...

Ashirg

#31 Post by Ashirg » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:21 pm

***THE BIG KNIFE REPLACEMENT DISC PROGRAMME***

Good news, our replacement discs programme for THE BIG KNIFE is now open! A big thanks goes out to all of you for bearing with us whilst we put this replacement disc programme into place, we really appreciate your patience and support!

Sadly, the initial pressing of this release is missing a scene (well, part of a scene). This occurs at around 1:35:30 into the film, when Nat Danziger (Everett Sloane) is sitting on the couch talking with Charles Castle (Jack Palance) and Marion Castle (Ida Lupino). This is missing a whole speech about money and Charlie's response - it's about 66-seconds long. You can compare the scenes in our handy video below.

To obtain your replacement disc, please email the team at ssc_oe_uk@sonydadc.com with THE BIG KNIFE in the subject header along with details of the best address to send your replacement disc to and your proof of purchase (this can be a screengrab of your order confirmation or a photo of your receipt). If you no longer have your proof of purchase, please write the date and your full name on the face of your disc and attach this photo to your email.

You can find more information about the replacement disc programme in our handy FAQs here: http://bit.ly/2oV07QX

Jean-Luc Garbo

#32 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

This was a region free release, correct? Cos the replacement disc says Region B.

Ovader

#33 Post by Ovader » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:44 pm

I find the audio mix is too low of the commentary by Glenn Kenny and Nick Pinkerton and the film's audio soundtrack too high. Anybody else noticed this as well? I bought this from Arrow's website in mid November with the corrected disc of the uncut scene and the booklet is included.

M Sanderson

#34 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:35 am

Got mine from the Christmas sale on Arrow’s site. Missing scene is intact. Safe to buy it.