The Shield

Discuss TV shows old and new.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: The Shield

#76 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:58 pm

I've only sort of half been paying attention to the scandal, but I think the American broadcast version was actually uncut but international wasn't and the former ended up on the DVD and the latter on the Blu-ray. This isn't a Mill Creek thing, this is what Sony gave them and what Sony would have done itself

flyonthewall2983

#77 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:51 pm

They're also bitching about the picture quality rating too. This may just be because I grew up on VHS quality stuff but as long as it looks okay to my untrained eye to a lot of the things everyone else discusses here, I really won't care what it looks like.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#78 Post by swo17 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:14 pm

If the PQ isn't great and you already have the series on DVD, that's an understandable reason for not upgrading. This though...
I'm not fond of the fact that it looks better than the TV broadcasts, as this was always supposed to have a gritty, unpolished look.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#79 Post by tenia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:21 am

This is very weird. I read that when it was released and the only place I can remember this cut version being shown on TV was in France on Canal+. If that's indeed the case, I don't know how it ended up on the US set.