American Horror Story

Discuss TV shows old and new.
wattsup32

Re: American Horror Story

#76 Post by wattsup32 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:47 pm

I searched and couldn't find a place to post about "The Watcher", so I put it here since it is one Ryan Murphy's many vehicles.

As with almost all of his work, I am baffled. I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have as to its merits (assuming it has some). Like with much of his other work, I get the sense that he is trying to make comedy and just can't figure out how.

Kracker

Re: American Horror Story

#77 Post by Kracker » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Just watched the new season and i have to say it was horribly depressing and definitely my least favorite of the seasons. The ads had advertised it as sexy but it wasn't at all what i expected (lol).
The season started out as something akin to Cruising but took a sharp downturn when
SpoilerShow
the "Big Daddy" killer turned out to be a representation of the AIDS virus, and aside from the Mai Tai killer, the season is basically about the start of the epidemic, though I did like the job they did of capturing the Cronenberg-equse horror of the disease consuming everyone in the community.
So huge dropoff for me as someone who did actually enjoy last year's Double Feature including the Area 51 half of the season, which I thought benefitted from only being 4 episodes.

I also do enjoy American Crime Story much more than this show but yearly seasons of this sadly don't happen, even though we seem to get them anyway in the form of miniseries like 'Pam and Tommy' and 'Dahmer'.