'Rediculous' Customer & Critic Reviews

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
Godot
Cri me a Tearion

#1 Post by Godot » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:09 am

To cheer Matt up: an update on Leonard Snerdley's reviews at Amazon

Leonard's posting has been a mite slow lately, but he's back with a vengence, notching three on Valentine's Day (an ironic nod to his Comic-Book-Guy cult status?) and a masterpiece yesterday on the household utility of the wireless microphone.

Lines that made me laugh out loud:
my living room one-act plays have become standing-room-only

for the vast majority of you reading this, you'll never see a screenplay published, so perhaps you should consider another hobby or long-term project. This type of thing is mainly for those of us who truly have a future in the business, not the pretenders.
I stumbled on a new IMDB reviewer that entertains as well as informs: jefferson-3. Usually the IMDB features the drecks of critical thought, but this gent fills nearly every one of his 10-star reviews with run-on sentences, tit-fixation, and abysmal grammar. I'm not sure if he suffered a head injury or is just jesting with us. Some of the more cogent entries:

Scarface (1932):
Fresh off directing his epic 'Hell's Angels' Howard Hughes brings out with Howard Hawks the original Scarface in 1932. ... If one is to compare this movie with the remake in 1983's Scarface there are a lot of differences of course, since these are different times. But throughout the movie you do see similarities and how the movie carries itself, thus you know it is a remake. But hey that's what made the 1983 movie so good. ... It was a great cast assembled and a great director followed every step of arguably one of the smartest men 'Howard Hughes'. This movie doesn't look like your typical 1932 movie, its way ahead of its time and it was put together by the ingenious Howard Hughes.
Design for Living (1933):
...Its great seeing classic actors in early '30's movies. Gary Cooper was the most handsome of the decade, he was apart of the best movies and was the classic 1930's actor and the biggest. ... There wasn't many movies before its time that dealt with gestures like this movie does, and the ones that do ahead of its time, one can only imagine if they got the idea from the original 'Design for Living' two men and a woman. A woman who falls in love with two men. This is a highly original movie, its very appealing to watch and one of the great movies out of the films of Gary Cooper and one of the great movies one can expect to watch out of the 1930's.
Doc Hollywood (1991):
Classic comedy for its time even though it was released in 1991 it was like an eighties comedy. Its got the language and the nudity. Julie Warner shows her boobs two different times and wow what a set. One of the best shaped breasts I have ever seen in movies. But other then that this is just a feel-good movie, a movie that resembles love stories of the past. ... After watching that movie it makes you want to fall in love with someone and live in a small town. If I was in that situation I would insistently. ... This is just a great story, a great comedy piece and a great piece of erotica by Julie Warner.
A Different Loyalty (2004):
The 45 yr. old Sharon Stone's Boobs
*** This comment may contain spoilers ***
It's almost second nature for when Sharon Stone stars in a movie to reveal some nudity. She is 45 years old in this movie and she still is doing it, and my what a rack! She actually reveals her boobs off and on throughout the movie. Which really adds to the Sharon Stone mystique, she's still one of the most beautiful, sexy and talented actress' going.
... I enjoyed the movie, it was a masterpiece of its kind. But really its just great to see Sharon Stone in such a role and yes I am happy she showed us the film goers her boobs once more. Look for Sharon Stone to reveal it all again, this time she is 47 and in far more nude scenes in the upcoming 2006 release of Basic Instinct 2.
Action Jackson (1988):
Sharon Stone & Vanity's Boobs
First let me say this is one of my favorite action movies from the 1980's. Its got comedy, its got a lot of action and like '80's movies its got a lot of cursing with the word F*** and a lot of sexual driven scenes and nudity by the women. Vanity who was a pretty big name for herself when this movie came out curses the word F*** a lot, as well sings pretty sexy with a see-thru top and even in one scene get fully unclothed and shows her boobs for a while. Sharon Stone who is no stranger to nudity for the cameras, has a couple of nude scenes as well. She just like Vanity in this picture are amazingly sexy and beautiful. ... This movie is just fun, fun, fun. ... Its in my opinion Sharon Stone has the most beautiful naked body in Hollywood!

neuro

#2 Post by neuro » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 am

In an effort to resurrect one of my favorite threads, consider "Pinkie", whose posts fall in two distinct categories:

1. Awkwardly phrased reviews of innocuous household miscellanea, ranging from Connect Four to cuticle trimmers. These sort of reviews lead a reader to believe that "Pinkie" is a run-of-the-mill mommy type who just learned how to use her PC.

Her review of the Disney DVD for "Hercules":
I really enjoyed this movie and so did my pre-teens and toddlers. The toddlers are watching it right now. It's funny and bright. You have to watch it at least twice to catch all the funny stuff.

Or the children's learning tool "LeapPad":
I really like the Leap Pad and my daughter has played with it often, but the books rip too easily. Granted she is on the young side of the age range, but what happens is she will be laying on the floor playing with it and scoot her hand across to touch the next thing and her hand will stick a little to the page and rip it at the rings. The beginner books should be made of heavier material. For a 5 or older child this would probably not be a problem. Again--we love the books and she enjoys playing.

Or her review of something called "Aquadoodle":
I really like the looks of this toy--I have not gotten it yet--it's out of stock here and I haven't seen it in the stores, but I just wanted to let anyone looking know that I found the two pack pens at Walmart. They didn't have any of the pads, but they had two boxes of the pens.

2. Squirm-inducing, overly-specific reviews of women's undergarments, hygiene products, and *sighs* massaging shower heads. These reviews stand in almost direct contrast to the former breed of reviews. "Pinkie," indeed.

Her review of "Nature's Secret - Ultimate Cleanse":
This product worked well for me. I did a two week cleanse and now I use it about three times a week once a day for regularity. It works great!

Or the "Enell Women's Sports Bra":
Finally! A sports bra for larger busted women that WORKS! I've been searching and searching for a sports bra to keep the bounce to a minimum. I'm a 36DD and this is the first sports bra that I can run in without pain. Be warned...it's a squeezer, but once you are in it they don't move much.

...which leads to the terrifyingly blunt review for a shower head - the "Hitachi Magic Wand Massager":
I've tried at least five different "massagers" and this is the best by far. First the amount of vibe is wonderful (low is all most should need, but high is there if required) Second it is more quiet than my previous vibs which makes me less worried about who will hear it so I can focus on me :-) Next, it holds up much better than any vib I got locally. I've had this one for over a year and a half and it still works great. The others made it maybe a year at the most. Well worth the price. Last MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. Use while having sex and he can enjoy the vibes, too. [...] Oh--if you like stuff to insert it can come with attachments, but I didn't like them at all. When you put them on the head of the vib it doesn't let you stimulate the clit anymore. Bummer. Hope this helps.

Narshty

#3 Post by Narshty » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 am

"Hope this helps."

Immortal!

Matt

#4 Post by Matt » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:23 pm

The Hitachi Magic Wand may look like a shower head, but it is in fact the Cadillac of vibrators. Or maybe it's the Subaru Outback of vibrators because it seems like every lesbian and sexually liberated soccer mom has one.

Mr Sausage

#5 Post by Mr Sausage » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:43 pm

I really like the looks of this toy--I have not gotten it yet--it's out of stock here and I haven't seen it in the stores, but I just wanted to let anyone looking know that I found the two pack pens at Walmart. They didn't have any of the pads, but they had two boxes of the pens.
I just wish all reviews could tell me where to buy pens.

The Fanciful Norwegian

#6 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 am

Back to IMDb reviews, I'm rather fond of this critique of L'Arroseur arrosé, even though it obviously falls into the "j/k lol" category:
"L'Arroseur Arrosé" begins well, with a nicely composed shot of a gardener watering his flowers. And certainly a great deal of tension develops when the boy steps on the hose. But this touching and sensitive portrayal of an elderly man baffled by a cruel world soon degenerates into mindless slapstick, as the gardener gets his revenge on the boy in a predictable and ultimately simplistic conclusion. While the acting of the man who plays the gardener is commendable, that of the boy is woefully unconvincing, and it will come as no surprise to learn that he failed to make a career in the motion picture industry.

In the summary the film is tolerable, but not nearly as good as 'Pirates of the Caribbean', which at least had a consistent tone.
I think he could've gotten away with it if he just dropped the last paragraph (and also the word "touching," which I predict will completely fall out of unironic use by the end of the decade).

Matt

#7 Post by Matt » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:27 pm

Lino

'Rediculous' Customer & Critic Reviews

#8 Post by Lino » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:56 pm

I have to share some of them with you guys! Here is one for the 1939 version of Hunchback of Notre Dame:
.......... Ok i was watching the ''HBO'' when this movie came on. Im like what is this crap. Smell ya later. But then i decided to wait a tad bit longer. The best choice i ever made. It was SOOO GOOOD. The acting was great. Charles you nailed it. Like when you would grunt and growl, it reminded about this girl i know. See i steped on here shoe and she said WWWWEEEEEEEEEEE!!!. I mean it was like a pig squeling. So i did it again. Same response WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!. I kept doing it until i tirerd her out. She fell asleep standing up. She used her large roles of fat to support her fat head. Ok that was a little off the subject but still i had to get it off my chest. But yea this movie is great and uhh yea go BUY IT NOW! And so i give this movie 5 ugggs and grunts out of 5.
WTF? Hilarious, I tell you. Want more? Ok, here's one for Happy Tree Friends: Winter Break:
What were they thinking, making a film like this???
Happy Tree Friends is a grotesque display of physical violence. When I watched it with my two children, one of them had nightmares for the next week and the other became attracted to stepping on ants because of it. I can't believe anyone would do such things. They changed, both mine and the children's lives.
I don't know whether to laugh or actually feel sorry for the guy...

Cinesimilitude

#9 Post by Cinesimilitude » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 pm

I just love the fact that Happy Tree Friends presents itself as kid friendly with the packaging.

Mr Sausage

#10 Post by Mr Sausage » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Yeah, that Hunchback review is deliberate.
Idiot wrote:They changed, both mine and the children's lives.
I am most certainly going to hell for laughing so hard at this line.

skuhn8

#11 Post by skuhn8 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:56 am

DVD Description
Christmas themed carnage from the Happy Tree Friends in this 30 minute seasonal special.

Synopsis
The Happy Tree Friends are cute, cuddly animals who always end up with things going wrong and getting horrifically mutilated, and things are no different in this festive episode...
Hmmm....cartoon character on cover; must be kid-safe. Reading stuff sucks, anyway.

The Fanciful Norwegian

#12 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:06 pm

I'll bet even money the Happy Tree Friends review is a joke too. Anonymous reviewers tend to be a bit dodgy.

And while I hate to be That Guy, there's already a pretty good thread on this subject in the admittedly underused and underseen (that's a word, right?) "More!" forum.

Cobalt60

#13 Post by Cobalt60 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 pm

This is a not a review of a film but it is one of may favorite Amazon reviews ever. Its a review of the Samhain album "Initium". Its a fake review but its such a well down fake review and so dedicated to the joke that you have to love it.

Attention: Harmonica-Lovers Stay Away!,

When I purchased this cd I had seriously thought it was by an artist I had caught at a little folk/jazz/blues festival I attended 2 summers ago. His name is Sam "Sammy" Haig (you can see how I mixed them up). He is just a phenomenal harmonica player who tells some really good anecdotes about life, in between extended harmonica-jams (backed by some drums, stand-up bass and an electric-guitar). He was selling a cd after the show that was a sort of instructional "how to play harmonica" thing, that also included more of his special brand of humor throughout. I passed up the opportunity to buy it at the time, but recently attempted to purchase it from this site. I saw this cd and just figured it was probably the same guy (misspelling his name would be something Sam might do because of his sly sense of humor). I should have read it a little better (or even payed attention to the cover) because Sam "Hain" is a completely different guy. [/i]I got set for a long road-trip with my trusty harmonica in hand, and unwrapped the cd from the pack it was sent in. Whoa! The cover had 3 grown men on the cover who apparently got into some kind of accident because they had blood (most likely fake) smeared all over them. I thought it MIGHT be Sammy in the middle because the guys hair (or wig) was in front of his face so I really couldn't be sure. Well to make a long story short, I popped this in my car cd player when I was flying down I-75 south. I got my harmonica out of the glove-compartment (you can never be sure when you will need it! LOL), and got ready to play along with Sam. The first track had some really weird noises and a guy talking who didn't really sound like Sam's trademark soothing almost whispering voice. On top of that he sounded pretty angry, not lighthearted like the Sammy Haig I had seen. I couldn't make out what he was saying so I turned it way up, then started trying to play along a little bit, but it didn't really soud right with a harmonica. Then, completely out of nowhere I was hit with a blast of some kind of heavy-rock so loud I literally almost swerved into the next lane.
I had to play pretty furiously to keep up with the music which distracted me from driving (it's hard enough as it is to play harmonica while going 70-mph). I ended up going up onto the shoulder a few times when suddenly half way through the first "song" I saw the flashing red and blue in my mirror. I tried for like 5 minutes to explain this whole story to the officer, but he was very uncaring and insensetive to my problem. Needless to say I got a huge ticket. He very rudely told me I was the "stupidest, most irresponsible person he has had to deal with in a really long time". Some words of advice: If a Police officer says that kind of thing to you, DO NOT attempt to play him a song to cheer him up. He threatened to confinscate my harmonica, and man, could that guy YELL.
Anyways, I eventually did come across Sammy's harmonica CD from his record label's website. It's called "How To Win Friends and Play a Mean Harmonica" which I personally think is a really clever title. Now there's an interesting end to my crazy experience. I e-mailed Sammy Haig through his record company's website and actually got a personal reply!! He thought my experience was actually kind of funny, and joked that he might tell it to the crowd at his next concert! If ANYONE attended the concert that he told this story, PLEASE e-mail me and let me know how the crowd reacted so this story can have a happy ending.
In conclusion, do not buy Sam Hain's cd with the blood-men on the cover if you are a true Harmonica-Lover like me. Try to find a Sam HAIG cd, or better yet: Do yourself a favor and See the man Live. It's a real treat that won't disappoint. Later.

howardtuttleman.com

MichaelB

#14 Post by MichaelB » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:50 pm

This is the IMDB, so it's practically Amazon - it's of Anthony Asquith's 1952 version of The Importance of Being Earnest with Edith Evans:
I found "The Importance of Being Earnest" to be a witty exchange of sophisticated dialogue between Brit's finest. Their manner of speaking make us (Americans) look like mongrils. Although the characters were sharp with wit and the costumes were exquisitly ornate, the movie seemed to drag in parts with not much to look at. Me, being a conissuer of English cinema (mainly of the Ivory Merchant variety), I was sorely dissapointed in this film. I am more accustomed to lavish done up productions such as Howard's End, Wings of the Dove, Sense and Sensibility, Maurice to name a few. Of course this is due in part to the generation gap time has incurred. This movie was made in 1952 so it looked understandably dated and wretched.

What I enjoyed most about "The Importance of Being Earnest" was "Aunt Augusta". She was a real hoot! A grand ole dame! Having a conversation with her was like playing a game of mental chess. She was eloquent in her speech and had some memorable lines as well. "A handbag"? She askes distainfully. I also really enjoyed the line that went something like "Don't talk down on 'soceity', only people that can't get in do that". What a hoot! There's nothing like a bonified true English snob! Aunt Augusta, YOU ROCK!

Other than that, there's nothing really special about this film. Twas about a name game of something thereof. It didn't offer any breathtaking scenery, which I love to see in English films. See it for Aunt Augusta and her proper ways! You go girl!

A $$$ out of 5 on the money shot scale.
My admiration for anyone who can say "You go girl!" to Oscar Wilde's Lady Bracknell is unbounded.
Last edited by MichaelB on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tartarlamb

#15 Post by tartarlamb » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:53 pm

Not a film review, but this description of Lucan's Pharsalia, an editorial book description no less, had me scratching my head:
Editorial Reviews
Book Description
Lucan's take on some guy name of Caesar crossing the Rubicon to duke it out with a volcano -- maybe I have that wrong, but you'll need to read the book to find out.

JHunter

#16 Post by JHunter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:47 pm

tartarlamb wrote:Not a film review, but this description of Lucan's Pharsalia, an editorial book description no less, had me scratching my head:
Editorial Reviews
Book Description
Lucan's take on some guy name of Caesar crossing the Rubicon to duke it out with a volcano -- maybe I have that wrong, but you'll need to read the book to find out.
Caesar is crossing the Rubicon to take on his old friend Magnus Pompey (Pompey = Pompeii = city destroyed by a volcano).

dx23

#17 Post by dx23 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:26 pm

Man Facing Southeast review at Amazon:
Bad movie, not philosophical, senseless plot. In Prot's words: class BA-3. Future uncertain., September 3, 2006
Reviewer: Ricardo "rapt3" (São Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews

I know that I'm about to bash a movie that many consider a classic of Argentinian cinema, but hey, controversy rules! So, here it goes.

In 1986, Argentinian director Eliseo Subiela and Argentinian stars Hugo Soto and Lorenzo Quinteros did what we can call a "predecessor" to the book by Gene Brewer, K-PAX, witch originated Iain Softley's homonym major hit and masterpiece on the big screen with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. However, any resemblance on this Argentinian piece with Brewer's book were declared like purely coincidental, as the author declared having knowledge about the movie five years after writing his book.

Coincidence or not, we'll never know for sure. What I know for sure is that K-PAX is far superior than the movie from 1986 in so many senses.

To start with, "Man Facing Southeast" (Hombre Mirando Al Sudeste) is a very cold movie. Totally absent of feelings, with cold thematic, script and a very bad acting, and the absence of charisma from the characters makes it even worse. As this is a low budget movie for the age it was made, we can live with the simplistic scenarios, edition and the absence of a mystical and "out of this world"-like climax (as we see in K-PAX), not counting that it was filmed in a third world country. No problem with those things.

The movie sometimes tries to explain too much things, and looses it's narrative focus, it's not philosophical in any sense. The "in off" narration bothers as well, and shows itself unnecessary in most part of the film. The movie have a boring rhythm. Not because it's slow. "2001 - A Space Odissey" is an extremely slow movie but keeps itself daring and interesting all the time. The problem with "Man Facing Southeast" is that the script looses itself many times in situations that wasn't need to be so detailed. It seems like Subiela wants to regurgitate every information in people's head, not giving space for us to think. The movie looses it's focus so much making people feels so bored and tired that you'll wish it to end in the middle of the film.

As I said before, the acting is poor, very poor. None of the actors convince us in their roles, they act like they don't care. Jeff Bridges was bureaucratic in K-PAX, but still convincing, he was like "hey, I'm so glad I got this role, I'm really enjoying being here!" Also, the movie have unnecessary and utterly disgusting sequences, like the ones showing pieces of corpses in laboratory and naked corpses being transported. There's also a sex scene that I believe they did just to show what actress Inés Vernengo really have under the dress... you know what I mean. Very tiny ones there was no need of that! Things that totally breaks the feel of the story and rips the rest of the good ideas.

The story, by the way, is really similar to K-PAX. Man that appears from nowhere and is sent to a clinic where a psychiatric tries to convince him he's not an alien. As the story goes, we are presented to the past of Rantes, where details of his life are revealed, showing who he really are, witch leads us to the revelations in the end of the tape. Rantes will slowly gain the sympathy from the crazies of the clinic that here, works only as mere supporting cast, with no voice or importance like in K-PAX.
Of course there are positive points in this movie: It ends; it have some nice criticism about future of mankind and the paths that man are taking; the thematic is very interesting, although it's poorly developed; for a low budget movie, it's well produced for that age; the sequence where Rantes conducts an entire orchestra is wonderful; the doctor plays sax very well; the soundtrack of the movie is also brilliant; and it makes me wanting to watch K-PAX all over again.

Bottom line: it's a movie that is worth watching just in case you're curious to see more about Argentinian movies. Maybe some masterpiece like The Motorcycle Diaries could be a better example of what Latin cinema is capable of. So, if you want to watch a better movie with the same plot as Man Facing Southeast, catch a beam of light and watch K-PAX. You'll thank me later.
That is what happens when you shove crayons up your nose.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#18 Post by domino harvey » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:56 pm

if we're counting the IMDB, somewhere in the annals of the message boards for Garden State there's a list of 1000 reasons to love Garden State. A Thousand. Listed. Reasons.

Glass

#19 Post by Glass » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:15 pm

domino harvey wrote:if we're counting the IMDB, somewhere in the annals of the message boards for Garden State there's a list of 1000 reasons to love Garden State. A Thousand. Listed. Reasons.
Then it's our job to double that count with reasons to detest it. That'll show them.

One of the most stupidos statements I've read on some message board of IMDb was some kid saying that every film is built on the experience of older ones, so that the newest are always the best (and he was not only referring to the technical side.) Ignorant? I'll pray for humanity when I read such things.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#20 Post by domino harvey » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Glass wrote:One of the most stupidos statements I've read on some message board of IMDb was some kid saying that every film is built on the experience of older ones, so that the newest are always the best (and he was not only referring to the technical side.) Ignorant? I'll pray for humanity when I read such things.
That is amazingly ignorant, the world is doomed.

SHOCKMASTER

#21 Post by SHOCKMASTER » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:32 pm

I collected 1 star reviews on Netflix for awhile a few years ago. Here are some of my favorites:
"I am a Brazilian person and was so excited to rent the movie, I was do disapointed with it, nothing with Brazil except with the music (just one in the movie). well do not lost your time watching." -Selma Bertholdi on Terry Gilliam's Brazil
"tHE DIALOGUE IS IN GERMAN AND UNLESS YOU HAVE A GOOD COMMAND OF THE LANGUAGE YOU'HAVE TO DEPEND ON THE SUB-TITLES. THESE ARE IN WHITE LETTERS AGAINST A WHITE BACKGROUND ABOUT 90% OF THE TIME,,,,SO YOU HAVE LITTLE IDEA OF WHAT IS GOING ON. I QUIT AFTER 20 MINUTES INTO THE PRESENTATION." -Edward Malling on Ingmar Bergman's Wild Strawberries
"We watched this for 30 minutes with NO subtitles what so ever. The movie is in Arabic!" -Frank J Catania on Majid Majidi's The Color of Paradise
"This movie characterizes Americans, simply speaking, as the bad guys. However there are a few good bombing scenes. There is also some good nudity in this film, a U.S. soldier having sex with prostitutes which I found to be out of place. Overall in this film the Americans are the bad guy invaders that use filthy tactics and the Vietcong are just trying to fight to keep out the hostile Americans. It is one sided and an embarrassment." -B.J. on Peter Davis' Hearts & Minds

Lino

#22 Post by Lino » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:57 am

Oh, my God! Those 4 reviews you got there are mind-scratchingly hilarious! These people cannot possibly love Cinema.

Tommaso

#23 Post by Tommaso » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:35 am

Two from amazon.co.uk:
"The only people I've found who actually watched this and say they liked it is people who thought Razorhead and films of that ilk was good cinema.
2 stars simply for the eye candy.
Go and paint the garden fence, you'll have way more fun, trust me!" - Finalreminder on "Solaris"

Note : Tarkovsky, not Soderbergh!!

But I really love this one:
If by some miracle any of us lives to be a million years old, life will still be too short to sit through this tedious arty drivel. This film is so boring that it could make a goldfish commit suicide. If someone tells you that they like this film they are almost certainly a film studies tutor or student desperately trying to justify their own existence. There is no justification for liking this film. It is pants.
Ingmar Bergman was stricken with pneumonia, acute penicillin poisoning and a contractual obligation when he made this film. If anything good has come out of the whole sorry affair it is this: it is a very bad idea to give a deadline to someone with a disease." - Greyplover on "Persona"

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#24 Post by domino harvey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:40 am

This seems like a good place for one of my favorite Godard quotes:
"I didn't understand anything in Persona. Absolutely anything. I watched it carefully and this is how I saw things: Bibi Andersson is the one who is ill and the other woman is her nurse."

Tommaso

#25 Post by Tommaso » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:17 pm

LOL. This is an accurate description, however (well, almost).
But as pointed out in the Ingmar Bergman thread, Bergman didn't understand Godard either (though he tried to copy him). Well, I'm glad that Godard didn't try it vice versa.....