Stand up and be counted: the Future List Projects Survey

An ongoing project to survey the best films of individual decades, genres, and filmmakers.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Stand up and be counted: the Future List Projects Survey

#1 Post by domino harvey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:41 pm

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED
THE GENRE AND AUTEUR LIST PROJECT SURVEY

Late last year I revealed most of 2017’s non-Decade List Project slate, as quoted below
domino harvey wrote:For those who want to know what is coming next, here is the schedule for the next few non-Decade lists:

November 05 - March 08 Westerns List Redux
March 09 - May 05 Ingmar Bergman Auteur List
May 06 - July 01 Cannes Top Award Winners Mini-List
July 02 - August 30 Fritz Lang Auteur List
August 31 - October 27 Nouvelle Vague Mini-List
The next two Lists beyond this for the rest of the year have already been scheduled, but unannounced. These will be

October 28 - December 15 Luis Bunuel Auteur List
December 16 - March 15 Biopics

For Biopics, we will be doing something new and trying out a flat 25 films submitted for a 50 film total list format. If this proves successful, where applicable this format may be used in place of either full lists or mini-lists (when useful).

Beyond this, I would like to gauge board interest in future lists in a more targeted fashion. I have created a survey that will collect your answers in order for me to be able to better target board interests and ensure maximum participation and investment versus a few people exerting maximum effort for minimum return.

Assuming I see subsequent interest in the Women Directors list, I intend to schedule it next after the Biopic List. However, the results may tell a different story. My natural inclination is for the list to be 25/50 like the Biopics, but I can already hear the complaints, so I have also added in a question asking those interested in submitting if they would prefer to contribute a personal top 50, 25, or top 10-20 (ie it becomes a Mini-List). If there turns out to be limited interest in a Women Directors List based on the survey, we will table the Women Directors List, at least for the time being.

Please note that I have asked for your username on the survey— this is only to ensure that participants are not voting more than once and are holding themselves accountable for their votes. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE, PUBLICLY OR PRIVATELY. It is only for my eyes. Consider it as sacred as a PM to me. I will not harangue you on the board if you don’t end up participating in a list you said you support, and vice versa. This is solely for me to know who’s voted and to make sure one member, one vote

The survey shouldn’t take too long to fill out— maybe a few minutes. I will leave the survey running for the entire month of April and will collect results and announce the next couple lists based on the findings.

PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT SURVEY BY APRIL 30
SURVEY CLOSED, THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING -- RESULTS HERE

PS: I accidentally included Bunuel in the survey, but his Auteur List is already safely scheduled, so just consider this an homage to his love of repetition and strange duality!