Where's My Criterion?

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
fdm

Re: Out Of Print: StudioCanal Snatches It All Away

#726 Post by fdm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Flike wrote:Saura set arrived, looking as if someone had used it to smash open coconuts. Wonderful.
From?

Flike

#727 Post by Flike » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 pm

fdm wrote:
Flike wrote:Saura set arrived, looking as if someone had used it to smash open coconuts. Wonderful.
From?
Criterion.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#728 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:51 pm

fdm

#729 Post by fdm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Flike wrote:
fdm wrote:
From?
Criterion.
That sucks. My first order from them is on the way... [-o<

triodelover

#730 Post by triodelover » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:51 pm

fdm wrote:
Flike wrote:
fdm wrote:From?
Criterion.
That sucks. My first order from them is on the way... [-o<
if it's any consolation - and it won't be to Flike :( - I've received four different orders from them since the Studio Canal announcement with no problems.

BTW, does anyone know how long the AFS code will last?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#731 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 pm

They always ship in those big sturdy boxes, I wonder how that even happened?

Murdoch

#732 Post by Murdoch » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:10 pm

My copy of Grand Illusion arrived intact.

Perhaps, Flike, there was a tussle between several of those handling the package who had only just then realized they held in their hands one of the last of the Saura sets. They greedily wrestled for the copy, one clawing at the package in hopes of simply excavating the discs it held, and after the long fight, when one was triumphant in removing the copy from the clutches of the others, the victor suddenly thought of the customer and, despite the damage done, convinced his fellows shippers/handlers to fulfill their duty to ship the set.

Although, I'd still e-mail Criterion about its condition since they may be willing to replace it.

Flike

#733 Post by Flike » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Might do that...

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#734 Post by swo17 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

I would be very surprised if they didn't offer you a replacement. They have always been very good about that with me.

TheGodfather

#735 Post by TheGodfather » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Received the Pierrot le Fou blu-ray from deepdiscount today. Excellent.

Minkin

Re: Where's My Criterion?

#736 Post by Minkin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Having placed my order over a month ago and initially being told to expect shipment on March 25th, I am very happy to learn that my copy of Diary of a Country Priest has finally shipped! To be fair though, my order placed on March 10th was 3000 orders after my order on March 6th. I suppose the AFS code along with the 5 dollars off really made people flock to the site and order.

HistoryProf

#737 Post by HistoryProf » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 am

FWIW, i received my order of Mayerling, Gervaise, Revanche BD, and Forbidden Games CC the other day and the box was quite sturdy - contents were pristine.

Just a positive voice...seems people only post when it goes bad :)

Svevan

#738 Post by Svevan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:51 am

Yeah, my three orders were received very fast. Very pleased!

shiftyeyes

#739 Post by shiftyeyes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I received my copy of the Pierrot le Fou Blu-ray from Criterion. Interestingly, it was packaged incorrectly. The cover art was upside down and the disc managed to be on the other side of the booklet, instead of in the spindle. Luckily, it wasn't damaged.

Also, Criterion cancelled Grand Illusion on me. :( Probably shouldn't have waited for them to get more Coup de Torchon in stock.

prokosch

#740 Post by prokosch » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:17 pm

HistoryProf wrote:the box was quite sturdy - contents were pristine.
Seconded. My shipment received this past week (in Canada) of a series of OOP titles was a study in contrasts with my last B&N order, a parcel that had clearly experienced some sort of massive crisis en route. The Criterion shipment was study, secure and clean -- I'll be ordering from them directly from now on.
Murdoch wrote:I'd still e-mail Criterion about its condition since they may be willing to replace it.
I'll go ahead and second this as well. The girlfriend ordered a copy of "Mon oncle Antoine" for me a while back and it went AWOL somewhere around the 49th. A quick email to HQ had their apologies and another copy express-shipped out immediately, with an invitation to pass a copy along to a friend if we ended up with two. Very impressive, and very community-minded!

Finch

#741 Post by Finch » Thu May 06, 2010 4:10 am

Movietyme have shipped my copy of Walkabout (and Carlito's Way) yesterday; Stagecoach can't be far behind.

Arn777

#742 Post by Arn777 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:42 am

How long does it take for a Movietyme package to reach Scotland? Since the meltdown of CriterionDVD I have been using Axel Music, but I find their shipping rather slow (minimum 10 days), and my last order from mid-April still hasn't arrived.

Finch

#743 Post by Finch » Thu May 06, 2010 9:25 am

About 7 days om average (I *think* they have branches within the UK). I've used AxelMusic myself and have never been displeased with them but I'd say when it comes to pre-orders especially, movietyme ship faster and also tend to be somewhat cheaper (I find AM's standard shipping charges rather steep).

Arn777

#744 Post by Arn777 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks, I will give Movietyme a try then

ccfixx

#745 Post by ccfixx » Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey, kids... just wanted to let y'all know that my Criterion.com pre-order of "M" and "Walkabout" plus the now OOP "The Fallen Idol" showed up today. :D Not only did I get "M" a day early, I also received "Walkabout" a week early from Criterion.

Also, just to let ya know, I didn't even receive the usual shipping notice from Criterion this time, so that's part of my shock.

These were part of one of my pre-orders using that AFS code, by the way.

CC

Finch

#746 Post by Finch » Tue May 11, 2010 7:16 am

My copy of Stagecoach was shipped from Movietyme yesterday, hopefully a fully working disc (my copy of Walkabout was faulty; they're sending a replacement).

zitherstrings

#747 Post by zitherstrings » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Bought Days of Heaven and the damn postal service crushed the case in the mail.

fdm

#748 Post by fdm » Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 am

zitherstrings wrote:Bought Days of Heaven and the damn postal service crushed the case in the mail.
Actually, wouldn't be quite so sure about that. My last shipment in a largish (oversized) box contained Vivre Sa Vie with its case crushed (in pieces). No way at all it got crushed "in the mail", as the shipping box was undamaged. Had to have been damaged while it was being packed, or some time even before that. A bit disturbing to one time get a perfect condition box set, previous time a dented box set, and last time crushed blu-ray (the rest of the stuff was okay). A few more shipments will decide if I continue to order from Criterion directly or not in the future. (I think for the most part the shipping boxes have arrived in decent shape, except maybe for the dented box set one.)

tojoed

#749 Post by tojoed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Nice surprise. My Sacha Guitry set has shipped from Axelmusic today. That's 15 days before the release date.

Norbie

#750 Post by Norbie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 am

tojoed wrote:Nice surprise. My Sacha Guitry set has shipped from Axelmusic today. That's 15 days before the release date.
Why are you so special? :-s

I'm lucky to receive stuff from US "After" 15 days past release date! :x

Peace.