BD 219 A Fistful of Dynamite

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

BD 219 A Fistful of Dynamite

#1 Post by swo17 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am

New Announcement! A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE (AKA DUCK YOU SUCKER!), Sergio Leone’s criminally underrated final western starring Rod Steiger and James Coburn, will be available for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 25 November 2019. Presented with a Limited Edition 60-page Collector’s Book and Hardbound Slipcase [3000 copies only]. Available to PRE-ORDER now from Amazon https://amzn.to/2ZxGNNH Zavvi http://po.st/yBCXiQ

From Sergio Leone, the acclaimed director of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST comes his final Western, A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE (AKA DUCK, YOU SUCKER! and released in some territories as ONCE UPON A TIME... THE REVOLUTION).

Starring acting giants Rod Steiger (IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT) as Juan Miranda, an amoral peasant-turned-outlaw, and James Coburn (PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID) as John Mallory, a dynamite-tossing Irish revolutionary who has fled to Mexico after becoming a fugitive in his own country. Together, they're a devilishly volatile mix of anti-establishment philosophies and violent tendencies as they attempt to liberate political prisoners, defend their compatriots against a well-equipped militia, and risk their lives on a train filled with explosives.

Featuring a haunting and rousing score by iconic composer Ennio Morricone, A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE has risen in stature over the years and is now recognised alongside THE DOLLARS TRILOGY and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST as a true masterpiece. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE in its UK debut on Blu-ray.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

Hardbound Slipcase | PLUS: A LIMITED EDITION 60-PAGE Perfect Bound Collector’s book featuring new and archival writing on the film | Two versions of the film presented in 1080p across two Blu-ray disc, including a transfer from the 2K restoration completed by Cineteca di Bologna in 2009. | Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing | Original Mono Audio available on both versions | Audio Commentary by filmmaker Alex Cox | Audio Commentary by film historian Sir. Christopher Frayling | A brand new and exclusive interview with film critic and writer Kim Newman | A brand new and exclusive interview with Austin Fisher, author of RADICAL FRONTIERS IN THE SPAGHETTI WESTERN: POLITICS, VIOLENCE AND POPULAR ITALIAN CINEMA | THE MYTH OF REVOLUTION [22 mins] – Sir Christopher Frayling on DUCK, YOU SUCKER! | Sergio Donati Remembers Duck, You Sucker! [7 mins] | SORTING OUT THE VERSIONS: AN ANALYSIS OF DUCK, YOU SUCKER! [12 mins] | ONCE UPON A TIME... in Italy [6 mins] – featurette | Restoration, Italian Style [6 mins] | Location Comparisons [9 mins] | Radio Spots | Trailer

Finch

Re: BD 219 A Fistful of Dynamite

#2 Post by Finch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Eureka confirmed on FB this is cut by 6 seconds for horsefalls.

TMDaines

#3 Post by TMDaines » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:57 am

Easy pass in that case

nitin

#4 Post by nitin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:41 am

It does have original mono though which is a huge plus given how bungled the MGM 5.1 track is (and Kino’s 2.0 track is a foldown of the same 5.1 track).

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#5 Post by tenia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:36 am

I'm also curious about which 2 versions these are. Are these 2 different edits or 2 different masters ?

The Fanciful Norwegian

#6 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:55 am

My guess is the alternate version will be the 138-minute cut that was originally released in the UK back in 1972.

Stefan Andersson

#7 Post by Stefan Andersson » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:46 pm

A comparison between the Eureka versions and other home video editions:
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=48926

black&huge

#8 Post by black&huge » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Finch wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:39 pm
Eureka confirmed on FB this is cut by 6 seconds for horsefalls.
I'm getting rid of my Kino release for the MoC. I have only seen the film once so I can't recall where the horse falls are but are those 6 seconds really a huge detriment? if it's cutting out certain other action in the same shot is what I'm wondering pretty much

EDIT:
Stefan Andersson wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:46 pm
A comparison between the Eureka versions and other home video editions:
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=48926
nevermind. thank you!