Severin Films: All the Haunts Be Ours - A Compendium of Folk Horror

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Finch

Re: Severin Films: All the Haunts Be Ours - A Compendium of Folk Horror

#51 Post by Finch » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Severin must be the only boutique label that'll lock you into your pre-order.

J Wilson

#52 Post by J Wilson » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:54 pm

I better go fish my hay out of the trash for added value if I ever want to sell, along with the exclusive shipping box.

Glowingwabbit

#53 Post by Glowingwabbit » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:07 pm

Mine is on the way. I don't remember it ever saying exclusive to the site (the big bundle definitely was). I'm still happy to be getting this before Christmas (I never imagined they'd get stuff out in December).

Nw_jahrles

#54 Post by Nw_jahrles » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 am

Severin is tricky. They did indeed originally announce the Andy Milligan set as limited and exclusive to their site before releasing a “retail” version. However, things like the Al Adamson set sold out and The Blood on Satan’s Claw sold out and never came back. So really if you want one of their releases you have to grab, there is no predictable model like Arrow or Indicator have for their limited editions.

J Wilson

#55 Post by J Wilson » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:38 am

Subtitles on the Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched documentary could have used another QA pass; I only watched the first forty minutes last night but caught two or three mistakes, the most egregious being "in Schiller" used where the speaker was saying "insular."

Glowingwabbit

#56 Post by Glowingwabbit » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:51 am

Nw_jahrles wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 am
Severin is tricky. They did indeed originally announce the Andy Milligan set as limited and exclusive to their site before releasing a “retail” version. However, things like the Al Adamson set sold out and The Blood on Satan’s Claw sold out and never came back. So really if you want one of their releases you have to grab, there is no predictable model like Arrow or Indicator have for their limited editions.
Actually The Blood on Satan’s Claw along with other Limited Editions that they set aside for conventions have returned for both their Mid-year and Black Friday sales. I wouldn't be surprised if it was available again during the next Mid-year sale.

Cash Flagg

#57 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:21 am

domino harvey wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:31 pm
I’m only stressing this because I like many people won’t be home for the holidays and I don’t want a package waiting for me on my doorstep (or worse and more likely, not) when I get back.
Not to worry, they probably won’t be shipping it until January.

dadaistnun

#58 Post by dadaistnun » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am

Mine just shipped yesterday with Priority Mail. According to USPS (so grain of salt, especially for the time of year) it should go from Phoenix --> rural upstate NY by Monday 12/20.

Maltic

#59 Post by Maltic » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:17 pm

J Wilson wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:24 pm
Sounds like it was misleadingly billed as exclusive to Severin, as opposed to a timed exclusive, which it now apparently is. I received my set today, packaged in a weird sort of paper hay-like material.
LOL!

Matt

#60 Post by Matt » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Two shipping updates from Flicker Alley with tracking info for the Duvivier box set which had a manufacturing delay. Crickets from Severin on my pre-ordered-a-month-ago Folk Horror box set a week before Christmas. Guess which one is a present for someone else.

Cash Flagg

#61 Post by Cash Flagg » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:50 pm
Crickets from Severin on my pre-ordered-a-month-ago Folk Horror box set a week before Christmas. Guess which one is a present for someone else.
From the ‘policies’ section of their website:
PLEASE NOTE: We are anticipating a unprecedented amount of Black Friday orders, which will have to ship alongside all Folk Horror and Nasty Habits orders. We would like to accomplish all shipping by end of 2021, but please be prepared for the shipping duration to last through January.

So we all could be waiting a while.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#62 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Fun fact: with a DD coupon, the set would have cost ~$144 shipped yesterday. I now paid $41 more than I could have for something they won’t even send me

Professor Wagstaff

#63 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:16 pm

I'm similarly frustrated having pre-ordered it pre-Black Friday. Gambled on it getting to a family household out of state over the holidays as I do with their sales every year, but that looks increasingly unlikely to arrive in time. Meanwhile, I received my Nunsploitation pre-order and Black Friday sales already.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#64 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:59 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:07 pm
Fun fact: with a DD coupon, the set would have cost ~$144 shipped yesterday. I now paid $41 more than I could have for something they won’t even send me
Tax and shipping makes the set more like $160 (DD adds $4 for shipping because it's an oversized item). And the release date is listed as 1/25/22. Do we have reason to believe that DD is shipping this already?

brundlefly

#65 Post by brundlefly » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Both DD and Amazon have the 1/25/22 preorder date.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#66 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:24 pm

swo17 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:59 pm
Do we have reason to believe that DD is shipping this already?
No, but neither is Severin for many of us

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#67 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Sorry, I initially misread your comment as "not only could I have gotten it cheaper, but I could have also gotten it sooner."

Glowingwabbit

#68 Post by Glowingwabbit » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:12 pm

My set arrives tomorrow. Honestly.i never imagined they'd get this out to anyone in December so I'm impressed. From dealing with Severin in the past I had my expectations very low so maybe that makes.a.difference with my feelings on this. I even pre-ordered something with my BF order because I figured it wouldn't arrive until January anyway (clearly that was foolish but I have enough stuff to watch anyway)

You also have to keep in mind they are dealing with a lot of orders, the holidays are approaching, there have been delays in shipping everywhere, supply shortages...and we are still living through a pandemic which leads to a lot of restrictions (and possible personnel loses)

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#69 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Do we still expect this set to be limited to 4,000 copies? If so, I might advise putting in a separate order at DD and then selling it later on Amazon or eBay for $500 or whatever. Severin loves it when people do that

Cash Flagg

#70 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:01 pm

My ‘Witches Bundle’ finally shipped.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#71 Post by domino harvey » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:09 pm

My copy finally shipped as well!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#72 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:38 pm

J Wilson wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:24 pm
Sounds like it was misleadingly billed as exclusive to Severin, as opposed to a timed exclusive, which it now apparently is. I received my set today, packaged in a weird sort of paper hay-like material.
Sadly no hay in my box, only non-couture styrofoam packing peanuts

Yakushima

#73 Post by Yakushima » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:41 am

Got my set today (no hay either :-k ), binge-watched "Eyes of Fire" (the theatrical version - saving Crying Blue Sky for later), "Alison's Birthday", the interview with Avery Crounse and some of the shorts (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow was a stand-out so far). Needless to say, this presentation of "Eyes of Fire" blew my old Thai DVD out of the water. I loved this film after watching it on the crappy DVD, but this viewing increased my appreciation ten-fold. This was my first viewing of Alison's Birthday. Loved it and got properly shocked by the ending. Thanks to all who recommended it! I am really looking forward to exploring the other films in this tremendous set (I have only seen Viy and Celia from the remaining selection) and hopeful for more great finds.

J Wilson

#74 Post by J Wilson » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm

Again I am left wishing I saved the hay to ensure top future resale value

Yakushima

#75 Post by Yakushima » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:16 am

Continuing with the set. Clearcut is another heavy-hitter, stacked with good extras. Really glad I finally watched it. ROBIN REDBREAST is excellent too.
I liked LEPTIRICA quite a lot. A great combination of brooding atmosphere and some unexpected humorous bits. I could not get much traction with IL DEMONIO, but it is quite exquisitely filmed. A great selection of films so far.